As for the babies' experience of this adventure, it was unclear whether they even noticed that anything was different. Other than having to nurse while I was wedged between the carseats in the backseat during the ferry ride, it was the usual business of sleeping, eating, and pooping. But it did seem to be a peaceful trip for them, since they barely opened their eyes the whole time. Needless to say, they were cheerfully wide awake until the early hours of the morning. Thank god for Netflix.
Monday, May 12, 2008
our big outing
Yesterday we made our first multiple-hour trip out of the house. It was amazing. We felt like normal people doing normal things for the first time in months. The adventure was a trip out to Bainbridge Island to visit friends who have twins of their own and have been giving us lots of advice and support. We took the ferry out to the island at 2 and had such a wild and crazy time that we didn't get home until 9 pm! There were lots of willing hands to hold the bambinos, leaving Barry and I feeling gloriously free.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Abby & Barry-
I finally had a chance to catch up on your blog and pictures. The babies look so amazing. I can't believe you popped those out of you Abby!! That's crazy..You seem to both be adjusting well and they are so beautiful... And your kitchen and baby room look so fabulous. I remember what they looked like before and I can't believe you and your mama painted that beautiful mural of flowers on the wall... can't believe you are parents now...let's catch up soon Abby. miss you. xo, sus
Post a Comment