Wow. What an awesome day. Abby made us coffee in the morning, then we went to breakfast at Roxy's. They had a characturist there for father's day. He drew Bella perfectly. Jack not so much, but we didn't care. I never understood until today how parents could be so happy to be given a picture of their kid(s), by their kids. I mean, the real kid is standing there. What do you need a picture for. But there I was, so happy to have a drawing of Jack and Bella that I smilied all day.
We went for a long walk on the beach at Golden Gardens. It was a perfect day here and we watched the sailing races in the sound. Very beautiful.
We finished the day with video chats with Mary Ann and David, and Eliza and Dave. We had a BBQ dinner and ate in the setting sun on the deck and then, here's the best part, the kids went to sleep at 9 without any fuss. Wow.
Oh, and Abby was a hero this afternoon. I had to do some reading for work tomorrow and, though she wanted a nap, Abby took the kids for a walk so that I could do some work. It's funny how father's day made me appreciate her so much more.
Jack and Bella gave me a new pair of hiking boots and Abby gave me a new visor to replace my favorite that was lost when our truck got stolen last year. I'm looking forward to breaking both presents in with may walks in the hills with the family.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment